It is not known when this building was constructed. It has been suggested that it may have been the eating house finished in mid-June 1896 before a larger building referred to as the mess house was built. A photo taken around 1935, shows the building and identifies it as a single staff house.
It was converted to a correspondence school for the white children of the settlement under the supervision of a governess. It was used as an extra school room in the 1960s.
It is a small single room structure with a large chimney at the eastern end. It is constructed of random rubble, rendered and painted with a bush timber roof frame and galvanized corrugated sheeting.
Swipe for more